Fancy new digital signs are coming in kind of like what they have on the 401 in TO (not that we want that as our model for a highway, but just sayin').
The City of Ottawa has tools on ottawa.ca to help motorists and transit users plan their routes and manage their commute including:
• Travel Planner at octranspo.com – transit users can chart and plan routes... when it's working properly
• City of Ottawa Traffic Report – outlining citywide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
• Interactive traffic map – showing construction areas and live traffic cams throughout the city
• Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras along Highway 417
• Cycling maps and information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city